Niantic’s Mapping team is seeking a Project Specialist to help push the frontiers of Augmented Reality and Machine Learning. In order to unlock persistent augmented experiences in the Niantic Real World Platform, we aim to create a live, updated 3D digital twin of the world. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, training, and providing feedback to an external remote team of field agents that will be on the ground and collecting the data that will be used to create these maps. In addition to coordinating the team, you will also be responsible for device setup and distribution to these field agents.
You’ll need to have proven experience in managing multiple field teams, scaling processes, and providing insightful feedback to help improve operations. You’ll build on our existing methodologies and suggest where we can enhance our approach. Initially, you’ll focus on data collection in San Francisco, but over time this will expand to include other locations in the US. This will be a temporary contract position. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Train and oversee the field agents in their day-to-day mapping efforts, helping them deliver high-quality data.
- Optimize and improve processes and tools, to continue to improve efficiency and create standard methodology for our field agents.
- Create and improve documentation and training materials.
- Setup devices with appropriate applications and ship to these data-collectors.
- Become an expert on the data collection mobile application.
- Track key metrics and milestones with internal partners to ensure projects are on achieving goals.
- Gather feedback from the field agents to the internal team.
- Consistent track record of excellent organizational and time management skills for tasks and appointments. You will have run multiple large-scale projects, ideally in real world environments.
- Good history of being self-directed, proactive and adaptable in fast-paced environments.
- Significant experience of working with multiple individuals/organizations to achieve a goal.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for 1:1 and with teams of people.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Eagerness to collect and then act on feedback when working with contractors.
- A consistent track record of taking responsibility and being diligent for all company equipment.
- Curiosity and aim to improve operational efficiency.
- Experience receiving, curating, and reporting on visual or other data.
- Experience with continuous workflow improvement: documentation, third party relationships, processes.
- Interest in learning scripting programming languages like Python.
- Beginner experience taking pictures to avoid motion blur, over-exposure, out-of-focus.
- Curious to learn how to operate gadgets, and show others how to do the same.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.