Our mission at Niantic is to bring positive impact to the world through enabling exploration, exercise, and real-world social interactions.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating fun & engaging social experiences for Niantic titles that support our growing community of explorers. You'll help drive product strategy and be our authority on existing and emerging social technologies. We'll look to you to create and ship social features across Niantic titles, and to take our trust & safety efforts to the next level.
This is an excellent role for someone who has past experience working on social applications in consumer or gaming.
- Work closely with game producers and designers to identify areas where social interactions can help enhance Niantic's gameplay experiences.
- As a horizontal team leader, drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional alignment on social strategy and features.
- Champion the customer through clear product specifications and ensure the good documentation.
- Collaborate with data scientists to create reports, dashboards, and information resources to drive better decisions.
- Conduct and share competitive research to identify industry trends.
- Analyze user behaviors through research and work with the cross-functional team to identify, design, and refine features that will improve the product’s retention and engagement.
- Define, track and grade OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to decision-makers across the organization and executive leadership.
- You have 3+ years of product management experience on social applications in consumer or gaming.
- Demonstrated data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You have experience or knowledge of mobile native, cross-platform and Unity applications.
- Ability to inspire the team and roll up your sleeves to execute.
- You've founded or launched a social app product or led a key area at a leading social app company.
- You have experience taking a product from zero to one.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.