Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of augmented reality and location technologies? We’re looking for a Product Manager to help define Niantic's geospatial data platform, enabling us to craft dynamic and exciting location-based mobile game experiences. You will work alongside product managers, engineers, designers, and cross-functional partners throughout the company, and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This is a strategically important role with high-visibility, and would be an excellent fit for someone who is technically-minded, with experience in mapping and/or geospatial data.
- You will be responsible for the product roadmap, prioritization, and feature development process, including strategy, planning, implementation, and analysis of a wide variety of geospatial features.
- You will stay up to date with mapping and geospatial development offerings.
- You will work cross-functionally with diverse and creative teams to foster collaboration.
- You will represent the Location team, communicating product status, key issues, and launch plans to constituents across the organization.
- You will empathize with our users, both developers and players, to identify areas to improve user experience on the location platform.
- BA/BS, MS, Ph.D. or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Geospatial Sciences and Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical Product Management experience.
- Experience working with a team of 5+ engineers.
- Experience running complex projects and working as a horizontal leader to gain consensus with many partners.
- Collaborative and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large, difficult problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization, communication, and management skills.
- Interest or excitement about AR and mobile games.
- You have a passion for geospatial data and/or mapping APIs.
- You’ve built, shipped, and maintained products where your customers are developers.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.