Are you ready to help build and support products that bring a positive impact to the world through the power of mobile, location, and AR? We’re looking for a Product Manager to help lead our Internal Tools effort across the company. You will work with cross-functional partners, games and platform teams to optimize our productivity by iterating on existing tools and processes and developing new ones that streamline workflows, improve processes, and ultimately, create a better experience for our internal customers. This is an influential and strategic role within the Platform organization.
Additionally, you'll coordinate with product managers and cross-functional partners throughout the company and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This role is a great role for someone transitioning from a business, strategy or project management background into product management.
This role is based out of our San Francisco, New York or Bellevue, WA offices.
- Develop the product roadmap and technical requirements for our efforts to build, maintain and deploy our entire internal tools stack while maintaining high standards of privacy and security across the organization.
- Develop and drive a strong data strategy for these efforts, notably evaluating where data is stored, managed, and served across internal sources and 3rd party providers so that internal tooling also manages internal company data effectively.
- Keep up with innovative technologies, techniques and standards across the entire process and workflow automation space to ensure Niantic is adopting the state of the art in this area.
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) and bring forward proposals and influence to expand product and business capabilities with data and intelligent automation at the forefront.
- Propose and align XFN partners on success metrics across the company internal tooling stack, and be accountable for the products’ success. Act as the principal owner for monitoring and communicating product status and key issues to XFN partners.
- Define and drive technical product scope and prioritization on Internal Company tooling and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet business needs.
- 3+ years experience in Product, Technical Program or similar role leading a cross-functional technical team or previous Management Consulting, Product Management, Investment Banking, or similar work experience.
- Proven quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with technical, operations and business partners at all levels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical members of the team.
- Experience developing roadmaps and strategies for improving operations, platform efficiencies - all without sacrificing quality.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities, and a high tolerance for ambiguity.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID