We are on an ambitious mission to turn the world into an Augmented Reality canvas which games and other applications can paint on top of. This future is fully realized on AR Head Mounted Displays (HMDs).
We’re looking for a Product Manager to work with our engineering teams and external partners to define and bring to market Niantic’s new AR HMD.
In this role you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand user requirements and to investigate and define the technological solutions to meet them. This role is best suited to a hands-on product manager who is able to collaborate with UX designers and Software Architects to define system capabilities and how they are exposed to users and developers.
- Define project plans, establish landmarks, and lead the development and implementation against goals.
- Champion the customer through clear product specifications and ensure the platform is well documented.
- Drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional consensus.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, and game engines.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of product management or production experience.
- 2+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Ability to inspire the team and roll up your sleeves to deliver.
- Experience building embedded software products.
- You have shipped embedded devices based on Android and Linux such as phones, tablets or set top boxes.
- Experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
- Experience working on developer-focused SDKs, APIs, services, or toolchains.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.