Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. We build AR products that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission!
This role will be a strategic partner to leaders in our Zurich, Hamburg and London offices, helping them grow diverse, high-performing teams aligned with our Niantic values while providing a wide variety of tactical support to EMEA Niantics. Acting as a cultural ambassador between our global People Operations function and our teams on the ground, you will help us balance consistency with global practices and adaptation for cultural and legal variations. As our function's sole representative in a growing region, you will happily wear many hats and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a first-rate employee experience. You’ll also help the rest of the People function by making our processes better! This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Be the People Operations go-to for our EMEA offices in London, Hamburg and Zurich. Be a collaborative partner that has a strong pulse of each office, a trusted partner to employees and leaders, and an influencer for our broader function.
- Solve complex issues through a people lens. Assertively dive into sticky situations, and develop short and long-term solutions that address the root causes of challenges to ensure teams are set up to meet their goals.
- Be a confidant and coach across EMEA to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high-functioning teams. Consistently find the right balance between what's right for the employee and Niantic. Operate with empathy and an analytical approach at all times.
- Provide expertise in domains including org design, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc with ease. Move between facilitating and directly owning these areas for EMEA as needed in collaboration with global colleagues.
- Motivate change through people programmes. Contribute to the design and lead the rollout of these programmes (e.g. engagement action planning, performance management) for EMEA teams.
- Own certain operational HR tasks in-region alongside US colleagues in People Operations and Legal. This includes employment contracts, immigration, compliance work and our onboarding experience.
- Be a cross-cultural leader and help us build. Ensure People practices are integrated into how EMEA teams operate and that the region's differing needs are factored into the development of those practices.
- Partner with Business Operations to provide the People support and insight needed to deliver against our broader strategic goals for the region.
- Sufficient experience (5 years+) in an HR Business Partner or broad practitioner role to have successfully delivered work for multiple companies in a range of areas. This may include performance management, organisational design, coaching, diversity and inclusion, recruiting, employee relations, compensation and total rewards and talent management.
- Sufficient working knowledge of UK, German and/or Swiss employment law such that you can effectively partner with our Legal team on employee relations and compliance matters.
- Prior experience in EMEA HR within a global company.
- You’re self-motivated, curious, highly collaborative, cool under pressure, and can add levity to decompress tense situations. You are persistent in getting to the root of problems (and executing on solutions that solve them), and use excellent judgement – even in complex situations.
- You’re a fast learner, able to partner effectively with highly technical teams with varied specialisms.
- As a deft cultural translator, you always assume the best intent and recognise and adapt to differences in cultural norms.
- BA/MA (ideally in HR, IO Psych, or related field) or MBA degree.
- Previously partnered with Augmented Reality, Research & Development, Information Security, Game Studio and/or Marketing groups.
- Previously worked in startup and scaleup environments and enjoy the inventive, tenacious approach they require.
- Proficient in German.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.