Niantic seeks a Payroll Manager to lead our payroll team. The Payroll Manager coordinates all functions of payroll, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Collaborates with the People team, HR and Compensation team ensuring accurate and timely updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
Niantic's Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a driven global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently.
- Supervise the multi-state payroll processing for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Ensures accurate general ledger postings and reconciliation of payroll accounts monthly.
- Oversee year-end operational close including reconciliation, distribution of W2, and tax filing compliance.
- Resolve routine payroll issues and problems from employees and collaborate closely with the international payroll team to assist employees located outside of the US.
- Participate in audits including annual financial audits, 401k and tax filings.
- Identify areas of improvements or changes of procedures to existing payroll process and policies to align with standard methodologies.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Accounting, Business, Economics)
- 5+ years in relevant experience
- Understanding of international payroll
- Experience with Workday and ADP, strongly preferred
- Have strong analytical skills
- Organizational and planning skills, including being able to work reliably and efficiently
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID