Niantic is looking for a passionate, organized, and experienced Program Manager for its Lightship Developer Platform. If you understand how to support developers, have a passion for AR, and can implement programs that result in developer success and loyalty, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will manage and build the strategies for scalable developer outreach programs in North America, leading the execution of programs. You plan requirements with internal team members and usher programs through the entire programmatic lifecycle. You'll be responsible for developer events, content, and coordinating regional support. Additionally, you'll manage relationships with, and foster the creation of local developer communities (e.g., existing Unity meet-ups, CS university programs, etc.) working with Unity and AR. You'll meet with local developers and companies in North America, promoting our platform, communities, and learning programs. Your programs will span offices, time zones, and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and execution.
The Lightship Developer Community Team’s goal is to grow the Lightship ecosystem by attracting, upskilling, and supporting developers, so they can successfully build and monetize on the Lightship platform!
- Well-developed relationship skills to lead both internal collaborators and external community leads.
- Structured and tactful communicator (both verbal and written) with effective interpersonal skills to build and preserve positive relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple workstreams and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and learn about new tech capabilities swiftly.
- Knowledge of program management principles to contextualize your plans, resource allocation, and quarterly assessments.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Present and explain processes, proposals, reports and findings to internal team members.
- Manage day-to-day communications with vendors and partners to build partnerships and contracts around developer initiatives.
- Source and prepare internal and external developer talent to deliver product sessions, brown bag sessions, and developer jams to the Lightship Developer Community.
- Manage infrastructure and processes to support Lightship Developer Programs.
- Coordinate storage and shipping for program swag and supplies.
- A passion for AR and developers.
- 5+ years of program management experience.
- Self starter, problem solver, with emotional intelligence for developers and understands their needs.
- Good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online at scale.
- Program management skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Online and offline event management experience.
- Familiarity with augmented reality development process and platform competitors.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft and Google productivity tools (e.g spreadsheet and presentation software).
- Team oriented person that is motivated by helping others as much as they are motivated about excelling in their individual role.
- Great at seeing the big picture and understanding how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture.
- Degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of program management experience with a focus on developer programs.
- A strong understanding of platform ecosystems.
- Experience working with SDKs, APIs, and/or platform integrations.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID