Come aboard and help craft how the Niantic brand is positioned and presented to the world. As a Marketing Manager working on the Brand, you will be responsible for helping drive Niantic's brand awareness and affinity via storytelling, content development and real-world experiences in order to forge strong emotional connection with the community. Part creative, part analytical, this role will require your strategic and tactical skills to launch and run campaigns, orchestrate community event programs, refine & implement our branding playbook and further Niantic's mission of inspiring people to explore the world together. Niantic’s products are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll work closely together with a team of hardworking and passionate marketers to conceptualize and implement impactful campaigns. And, most significant, you’ll have tons of fun.
- As Marketing Manager, Niantic Brand you will build a global marketing plan and orchestrate campaign development & rollout across all relevant marketing channels (Social Media, Direct Marketing, events, Paid UA etc.). Find opportunities for growing Niantic's brand awareness & affinity in our top markets.
- Define and execute marketing campaigns in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Business Development/Partnerships, Marketing Communications, Global Product Marketing, Community Management and external partners (including local governments).
- Partner with Marketing Communications to develop brand messaging bringing to life Niantic's brand values and vision of the Real-World Metaverse in an inspiring, uplifting way.
- Partner with international marketing leaders to help lead seasonal community brand activations. Drive implementation of Niantic brand guidelines and best practices globally.
- Track and interpret brand, business and marketing analytics; gather ongoing competitive insights, consumer data, and zeitgeist trends to inform strategies and stay relevant.
- Build, guide and track the Brand marketing budget; conduct return on investment analyses on all marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Have a passion for crafting and producing impactful real-world physical experiences (including real-world events as well as digital promotions) for our community, and strong commitment and initiatives to achieve the business goals.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years experience in brand and consumer marketing including brand strategy, messaging, campaign planning and go-to-market.
- Experience managing creative agencies and internal creative teams.
- Experience influencing stakeholders at all levels and developing cross-functional relationships to lead integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience in driving paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & content development strategies a plus.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to lead complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID