Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world, together. We build products that encourage movement, exploration, and social interaction in real life. Do you share this passion and want to help encourage others to build a new experience together?
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who is one part product marketer and one part community manager to help launch creative marketing campaigns and build a community of connected enthusiasts for a new augmented reality app.
Have you created and executed a go-to-market plan for a new software service or game? Have you organized meetups, run social media promotions, or moderated online discussions for a product or service? Have you been the voice of a user community back to a product and engineering team? Do you love Austin, Texas?
If so, we want to hear from you!
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Craft and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications.
- Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with fellow marketing colleagues and cross-functional colleagues such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Corporate Communications, Legal, and PR.
- Build and foster a community of players on our forums and social media channels through direct interaction and by engagement focused campaigns.
- Drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the development of cross channel community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events, and report on their performance.
- Identify, amplify, and engage with high-quality user generated content.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and implement partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Business Administration, Advertising, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Prior direct responsibility for crafting and coordinating multi-channel go-to-market campaigns, delivering results that achieve business objectives.
- Multifaceted understanding of driving ongoing product growth via cross-platform channels such as Direct marketing, social media marketing and performance ads.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking, and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products and customers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with brand communications, community management, social media, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of community forums, social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), and how they can help shape product feature sets.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to lead complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics.
- Able to travel (including international) once in-person events are possible.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission, and strategic and competitive position in the market.
Plus if Interested In
- Travel, the Outdoors, and Exploration.
- Live events, either professionally or just for fun.
- Augmented reality and design.
- Austin, Texas.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID