Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Live Events Marketing Manager to oversee scalable event programs around our games. The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting and producing experiences that fans remember for a lifetime.
As someone who will work under tight timelines with internal (Engineering, Product, Operations, and Legal) and external teams (agencies, vendors, and partners), the ideal candidate is an extraordinarily organized collaborator who knows how to lead multiple partners to align on a common vision and execute perfectly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and execute on exciting event concepts that will make a lasting positive impact on our communities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Build a quarterly/annual live events marketing calendar aligned to marketing OKRs, key campaigns, and business objectives, in close partnership with product managers.
- Create and track against detailed workback schedules, ensuring key milestones are met on time.
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements.
- Maintain relationships between agencies, vendors, and partners to ensure quality events are executed on time and within budget.
- Oversee the branded event asset creation process from design to approval to production.
- Assist in maintaining marketing communications around various event initiatives across owned channels and work with Comms team to organize press and media coverage for live events.
- At least 3-5 years experience producing live event programs, both small and large consumer-facing events in the tech or gaming space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Proficient in Japanese and English languages.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Passion for building communities and connecting people in meaningful ways.
- Willingness to travel and work an atypical schedule to support the international live-events team structure.
- Passion for Niantic products (Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress).
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines.
- Experience building, managing, and/or supporting grassroots live event programs.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID