From Coachella, to MWC, to GO Fest, to gamescom, to Lightship Developer events and more - creating compelling Niantic Brand experiences at Consumer, Industry, and Developer live events is a critical role at Niantic. You will bring the brand to life through creative brand strategy and experiences.
Live events are where Niantic showcases its vision for what the Real World metaverse can be. In this role, you’ll apply knowledge of Niantic brand goals, what is technically possible using our Lightship AR tech, and the capabilities of various creative agencies can do to plan, design, and produce amazing brand experiences.
These experiences will require being responsible for expressing the Niantic brand through physical activations that are on-brand and in-line with strategic campaigns goals. Working closely with the global marketing and growth teams, regional marketing teams, PR/communications, product, customer support, creative, and other functions across the company, you will collaborate and help lead the physical representation of the brand at our live events.
- Write killer briefs that turn business and consumer insights into a plan that will hit both brand and business goals.
- Responsible for the Live Events Calendar for all Niantic Brand opportunities, including supporting the Niantic Lightship event activations.
- Lead the strategy and coordinate the execution of breakthrough integrated Niantic Neighborhood/Playground live event activations that build brand awareness, affinity and product adoption globally.
- Drive alignment with Brand marketing team on experiential moments across the year as part of overall Niantic brand strategy.
- Run outside live events and creative agency, contractor, and vendor relationships, including managing schedules, timelines, and budgets.
- Partner with other marketing teams to infuse Niantic experiential moments into every opportunity.
- Work closely with creative and agency partners to craft compelling creative ideas, and build internal consensus on creative direction for our brand at live events among marketing and company execs.
- Work with VP of Marketing, Creative & Brand, to craft a coherent brand experience portfolio, ensuring systematic application of our brand architecture principles across regions.
- Define standards for ‘on brand’ executions to enable consistent design globally.
- Become an authority on Niantic’s brand, products including groundbreaking Lightship technology and experiences it can enable, and target customer.
- Responsible for workstreams with agency partners (i.e. Advoc8, etc.) focused on Niantic brand pillars, innovative demos, and supporting cross-functional teams.
- Lead live execution of events and activations including setting processes and project handling key launches.
- Lead Niantic Brand Experiential marketing budget in partnership with Marketing Operations and Finance.
- Assist on the Lightship Developer Conference execution.
- Experience in live events or experiential marketing and/or related experience at an advertising or design agency.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You will be the backstop of all the little details that go into getting something created, produced, delivered.
- Ability to use critical reasoning to identify creative solutions for complex problems.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-starter, a quick learner and highly flexible.
- Proficiency with Asana, G Suite, and Slack.
- Strong writing skills and understanding of the creative process.
- Experience with merchandise production and/or licensed products.
- General interest in Augmented Reality (AR) technology.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID