Niantic is a leading Augmented Reality company that inspires people to explore the world together - and we are seeking a Marketing Manager, Business and Partner Marketing to drive the strategy in support of our brand and strategic partnerships, growth of our evolving advertising business, and to raise Niantic’s overall profile with marketers across the globe! This role is based out of our New York, San Francisco, or Los Angeles markets.
Candidates will demonstrate strategic partnership approaches, deep relationship building capabilities, excellent organizational and project management skills, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate should also possess strong critical thinking and influencing skills to impact both internal and external counterparts.
- Shape our go-to-market, engagement, and communication strategies in close coordination with fellow cross-functional colleagues, including Brand Partnerships, Business Development, Product Management, and Corporate Communications.
- Develop and lead a strategic marketplace communications approach to build a regular cadence with current and potential brand partners.
- Manage relationships with key business partners and global alignment on major marketing initiatives and activations.
- Evaluate, implement, and manage activations and sponsorships at key industry events; develop and implement strategy to track business impact.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct customer and marketplace research to develop insights and understand the needs of both existing and potential brand partners.
- Define and lead strategy for tracking marketplace activity and developments.
- Analyze and interpret marketing analytics to guide improvements and optimization.
- Build, guide, and track the global business marketing budget.
- Assist Brand Partnership and Business Development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize, support, and merchandise partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing customer and marketplace dynamics, and developing solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission, products, and strategic position in the market.
- At least 4-8 years of related marketing and business development experience in areas, including:
- Prior responsibility for crafting and coordinating multi-channel go-to-market campaigns, delivering results that achieve business objectives.
- Wide-ranging understanding of cross-platform channels to drive business impact and growth, such as B2B marketing, direct marketing, content and social media management, live-events and experiences.
- Campaign strategy development and execution including creative oversight, agency management, media buying, campaign tracking, and optimization.
- Online data, measurement, and analysis of products and customer segments.
- Knowledge of new and emerging platforms, their audiences, and key use-cases.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team and leading complex projects with multiple partners and priorities.
- You have a passion for immersive entertainment and theatrical experiences.
- Familiarity with Niantic Games (Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom).
- Proficiency in G-Suite.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID