As part of the greater people function, our recruiting team works closely with HR and leaders across the organization to attract, nurture, and empower diverse, outstanding talent in the gaming and augmented reality industries. As ambassadors to Niantic, our goal is to ensure that our people practices support our values and our ambitious mission.
We’re seeking a recruiting leader to manage and motivate our hardworking team of recruiting coordinators, specialists, and sourcers. You will create and scale the infrastructure for our systems, processes, tools, and frameworks to enable our team to be more efficient and productive. You are not only an outstanding operational leader, but you are a respectful and empathetic manager who is willing to go above and beyond for others. You are someone who truly cares about building a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect others and practice empathy at every opportunity. You and your team will have the opportunity to forge partnerships with leaders cross-functionally, advise recruiters and hiring teams on best practices, and be an integral part of Niantic’s strategic talent planning efforts.
This newly-created manager position reports to the Director of Recruiting in our San Francisco headquarters. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Actively lead and mentor our dynamic team of recruiting coordinators, specialists, and sourcers.
- Improve operational efficiency across the recruiting organization by further developing our recruiting data and analytics capabilities.
- Partner with recruiting leads and hiring managers to define success metrics for each department and role.
- Regularly research and evaluate external organizations, partnerships, and tools that improve recruiting processes, candidate experience, and employer branding.
- Find opportunities for operational improvements to keep our recruiting programs and processes as effective and efficient as possible.
- Support and maintain the creation of comprehensive learning opportunities including workshops, professional development opportunities, and related activities to support our recruiting team.
- You have 3+ years of combined experience as a recruiter, sourcer, or recruiting coordinator, or you have worked in a recruiting operations or project management position.
- You have managed or mentored other recruiters, sourcers, or recruiting coordinators.
- You have an authentic dedication to diversity, equity, and belonging practices, as well as a desire to advocate for more inclusive approaches to recruiting.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the creativity, flexibility, and the innate ability to problem-solve complex problems and navigate complicated situations with ease.
- You are known for your attention to detail and track record of driving projects to completion and with high quality.
- You are proficient in building recruiting metrics through Excel and other data analytics platforms.
- You have HR, recruiting, or related experience with gaming and technology companies.
- You are experienced with excel, Greenhouse, Ashby Analytics, LinkedIn, Gem, and other relevant recruiting tools and platforms.
- You have late-phase startup experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.