Niantic’s People team is seeking a Learning & Development Specialist for a newly crafted position for Niantic. Niantic's People team seeks diverse, outstanding talent in a competitive industry, and ensures that our unique culture keeps employees engaged. This is a superb opportunity to join a brand-new L&D function that supports a scaling and growing business.
As the L&D Specialist, your work will enable Niantics to be productive, grow, and succeed. Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, you will focus on program management of company wide L&D initiatives and achieving operational excellence in L&D administration and reporting. To support your career growth, you will work closely with the L&D Manager to develop your instructional design capabilities and hone your facilitation skills to take on content design and delivery for the individual contributor course catalog of instructor-led offerings. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Program management for company-wide L&D initiatives: Coursera (on-demand learning platform), Niantic Academy (internal peer-to-peer learning series), and Career Development Week.
- Achieve operational excellence associated with learning programs: maintaining learner records, handling registration and attendance stats, and pulling reports on learner history as requested. Eventually own our Learning Management System.
- Drive logistics to ensure smooth and engaging learning program roll-outs from scheduling to communications and reminders on our Slack channels and via email.
- Provide regular data reporting, sharing insights on the impact of L&D programming.
- Continually assess usage and ensure content is fresh and up-to-date on the internal Learning & Development site.
- Work with Legal and Finance to set up new vendors in the system, from coordinating the contract approval process to requesting purchase orders and following up on invoices.
- Curate a list of potential conferences for Niantics to attend and run the conference attendance program.
- Curate and post a regular cadence of compelling content on the learning-and-development Slack channel and devise ways to increase engagement from channel members.
- Coordinate, build content for, and facilitate workshops for individual contributors.
- You have 3+ years professional experience in learning and development, instructing, or human resources.
- You take pride in your learning agility and flexibility.
- You have an understanding of adult learning theory and the 70/20/10 model.
- You possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have proven attention to detail and are able to prioritize effectively.
- You are flexible and able to work with a distributed employee population.
- You are a confident communicator who is comfortable speaking difficult truths.
- You lead with diversity and inclusion at the top of your mind with every program you touch.
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in a related field (HR, Education/Pedagogy, Organizational Behavior).
- You have instructional design and facilitation experience, especially in a virtual environment (e.g. via Zoom).
- You have shown success in both a startup environment (preferably in tech) as well as in larger established companies.
- You are familiar with using Google Suite, Zoom and Coursera.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.