Niantic is seeking an experienced and hardworking Design Lead to help build the next generation of games. At Niantic, the Lead Game Designer Live Ops is responsible for designing and running events that cater to the community. This might include designing special features, new mechanics, and social experiences introduced in the game. Teams at Niantic are structured to allow everyone to be a major contributor to the game they are helping define, build, and ship. Our intent is to bring a best-of-class team together to create an array of differentiated and interesting mobile and VR games. Our creative department and executive management have long, significant experience delivering well-reviewed AAA+ titles in the PC and console markets and are bringing that experience into the mobile and VR gaming space.
- Collaborate with the engineering, art, and production teams to define creative vision for live events to ultimately deliver a phenomenal gameplay experience.
- Coordinate Unity implementation for scheduled events and game feature and content updates.
- Adapt to custom tools for editing game data & work within an overall design established by others.
- Create, review, and revise game design documents.
- Mentor ans Assist Jr. Designers with any challenges they face with their design tasks.
- Expertise with spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Experience in crafting systems for player engagement, retention, and monetization in a free-to-play game economy.
- Experience managing a team, minimum two direct reports.
- Proficiency in Unity game development.
- 5+ years crafting digital games.
- 2+ years optimizing live games.
- Shipped at least 2 products (mobile, console, PC, or VR experience, AAA titles ideal).
- Expertise with rapid iteration and deployment of game data updates.
- Proficiency with data analytics and in building and running A/B tests.
- Experience with version control software such as GitLab, Perforce, SourceTree or Fork.
- Passion for AR and Geo-location games or features.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID