Niantic London is seeking an experienced Lead Game Designer to help build the next generation of games. Working with the Creative Director, you are responsible for creating game mechanics and systems that fit the product vision. As Lead Game Designer, you would help shape the growing mobile games team in London, creating delightful mobile and AR games.
- Deliver clear game design documentation, generating wireframes, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with cross-functional teams to support implementation and roadmap planning.
- Design and optimise key features that further the overall strategic vision of the product.
- Work with teams of engineers, artists, and producers to define creative vision and ultimately deliver an extraordinary gameplay experience.
- Mentor junior designers and assist with their tasks.
- Demonstrable feature development ownership from inception to delivery.
- Strong understanding of game balance and pacing in a free-to-play model.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a detailed understanding of free-to-play games.
- Experience in systems design.
- You have experience shipping at least two products on any platform (mobile, AR, or VR preferred).
- You have 6+ years of experience in game development with 3+ years of experience in mobile development.
- You have led a design team.
- You have experience in AR game design.
- You have experience with a full development cycle from concept to launch and live operations.
- You have experience working with external collaborators.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.