Niantic’s AR innovation team is seeking a hardworking Lead Concept Artist to generate 2D/3D art and assets to help us envision compelling AR experiences of the future. The ideal candidate is eager to be on the cutting edge of technology that will define our future; comfortable with ambiguity in future tech exploration; enjoy being part of a team; have a love of learning; and is willing to push the boundaries. Are you ready to redefine what’s possible?
- Create both loose 2D sketches and detailed renderings, including turnarounds, for 3D character artists and animators to implement into working game assets.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Concept team to visualize and develop the final look of the characters.
- Help maintain a strong creative relationship between external partners and internal art teams.
- Clearly communicate updates and communicate timely concerns to the production team.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent skillset.
- Portfolio should exhibit an expert knowledge of anatomy and a strong sense of costume design.
- Ability to render both realistic and stylized characters.
- Minimum of 6 years industry or related experience.
- Self-driven - proactively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and craft techniques, evaluating competing products and learning new software packages.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.