Niantic is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, passionate Developer Community Manager. If you understand the nuances of how software is built, can inspire in-person and online audiences, and can work across different communities and departments, we would love to hear from you.
At Niantic, our Developer Community leader will wear many hats to win the hearts and minds of software teams. In this role, you’ll foster and build networks with developers, creatives, engineering managers, and more.
You will work closely with our management, engineering, marketing, and product teams to help us present and position our AR products while supporting our community in the most impactful way possible. You will help us produce compelling content, campaigns, and marketing collateral. You'll enable a broader community of developers across events, content, media, campaigns, and more.
In the role, you won’t be bouncing from event to event parroting the same message. We want someone who can really understand the needs of our audience, serve them, and build a relationship. New and prospective customers and community members will depend on you to help them truly understand the value we offer, and how they can harness it. This work will play a meaningful role in the broader success of our company. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Providing engagement and outreach focused on growing the ARDK community and empowering them to generate value and do great work.
- When it is safe to do so, speaking at conferences, meetups, customer meetings, and more.
- Developing content that promotes engagement with developers, solving their problems, and using the product.
- Competitive analysis to assess how we can always lead the industry with powerful, engaged, thoughtful, and surprising advocacy and engagement.
- Building relationships within the industry and community to be their representative for Niantic in helping to engage, be successful, and deliver great work and collaboration.
- Working with product, engineering, and marketing teams to help support your and their success.
- Integrating company brand, voice, and messaging into developed content and representing that brand well.
- Being active in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships with other communities and organizations.
- Always challenging our assumptions, our culture, and being singularly focused on delivering the very best communication and collaboration platform in the world.
- Running powerful social media, events, and other outward facing efforts that will grow our customer, community, and user base.
- Demonstrated ability in developer relations and advocacy.
- Experience working in technology and other online communities.
- Experience working with developers, developer workflow, and engagement.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, blogging, and content development skills.
- Facilitating complex and critical community situations with modesty, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Working independently and autonomously, prioritizing multiple projects.
- 5+ years of experience leading community advocacy and developer relations programs within a software or Internet-based company.
- Experience and knowledge of open source workflow, projects, and culture.
- Prior developer experience, preferably working on an infrastructure project.
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
- Media training and experience in communicating with journalists, bloggers, and other media on a range of technical topics.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.