Niantic’s Hardware team is seeking an AR System Engineer who will be responsible for executing on Niantic's hardware development roadmap. Niantic is leading the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while crafting engaging apps for a user base in the billions. The AR System Engineer will work closely with external partners and internal teams across Product, Engineering and Design to bring location-based AR games and other AR experiences to life on head-worn wearables.
- Deliver and execute on Niantic's hardware roadmap.
- Manage system development projects with external vendors.
- Develop solutions for AR systems across key areas including optics, electronics, thermal, material, RF, cameras and sensors.
- Test and evaluate new technologies and communicate results.
- Be the go-to expert on all things AR hardware.
- Support content creation teams and propose solutions that bridge their needs and system specifications.
- Help define future AR products and support taking hardware to market.
- B.Sc/M.Sc/Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in systems or hardware engineering.
- Experience with optics, micro-displays, industrial design, and/or electronics.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have experience working with AR systems.
- You have a passion for gaming.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID