Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Live Events Marketing Manager to oversee global events for Pokémon GO. These include major worldwide events such as Pokémon GO Tour, location specific events such as Pokémon GO Safari Zones, and smaller scale partner activations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting and producing experiences that fans remember for a lifetime.
As someone who will work under tight timelines with internal (Engineering, Product, Operations, and Legal) and external teams (agencies, vendors, and partners), the ideal candidate is an extraordinarily organized collaborator who knows how to lead multiple partners to align on a common vision and execute perfectly. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Build a quarterly/annual live events marketing calendar aligned to marketing OKRs, key campaigns, and business objectives, in close partnership with product managers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to conceptualize and execute live events globally, ranging from 5,000 to 300,000 players.
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements.
- Maintain relationships between agencies, vendors, and partners to ensure quality events are executed on time and within budget.
- Oversee the branded event asset creation process from design to approval to production.
- 3-5 years experience producing large scale live events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Willingness to travel.
- Passion for Pokémon GO and the Pokémon franchise.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.