Niantic is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and passionate Global Learning Manager for its Lightship Developer Platform. If you understand the nuances of how software is built, can build developer learning strategies and inspire the developer community, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will build the learning strategy for the next phase of AR technology and help usher the developer community into our vision of a "....real-world metaverse...." where end-users engage in authentic social connection, movement and discovery through AR.
At Niantic, our Global Learning Manager for the Lightship Developer Community team will engage and empower the AR developer community through a multifaceted learning program that scaffolds developer upskilling at each tier of the developer pipeline. You'll be on the Community team, however, you will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, developer relations, communications, and operations teams to ensure robust and in-depth learning artifacts and engagements (from documentation, to tutorials, to “getting started” and accelerator engagements).
The Lightship Developer Community Team’s goal is to grow the Lightship ecosystem by attracting, upskilling, and supporting developers, so they can successfully build and monetize on the Lightship platform.
Here are the specifics of the Global Learning Manager Role:
- Work with senior stakeholders to maintain alignment on Niantic Lightship’s developer community strategy.
- Primary liaison for Learning program reporting and coordination with cross-functional teams’ leadership to ensure we are creating systems that scale and are visible across external developer channels.
- Develop and manage relationships to enhance education opportunities and grow Lightship’s AR Ecosystem and adoption of Lightship ARDK.
- Work with cross functional teams to organize our Lightship documentation and self-paced learning materials into industry-standard structures.
- Help create and maintain systems to create cross-platform educational material that help upskill the AR creator and developer ecosystem with Lightship.
- Develop AR specific curriculum and courses for universities.
- Analyze and report on the impact of education partnerships with a critical and creative approach.
- Manage information flows and act as a subject matter authority to education institutions and monitor the success of advancing developers working within the Lightship AR ecosystem.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Passion for the latest AR/MR/Visual Compute technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Agile mindset and ability to adapt quickly and work effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills which allow for creative methods to achieve results and solve problems cross functionally.
- Expert resource management skills.
- Inclusive approach, thinking of cultural and regional nuances when creating content.
- 4+ years of experience in learning and development with a focus on learning technology implementation and strategy, including expertise in common platforms (LMS, LXP, virtual meeting tools, certification/badging).
- Experience building credibility and relationships quickly across functions.
- Experience challenging the status quo and providing solutions that will enable and optimize the learning ecosystem.
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in Augmented Reality across multiple platforms, must be proficient in Unity.
- Master’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.