Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world, together. We believe we can use technology to lean into the “reality” of augmented reality — encouraging everyone, ourselves included, to stand up, walk outside, and connect with people and the world around us.
We’re looking to hire a Global Head of Content and Social Media to help us tell the story of our work in bold, creative and intriguing ways.
This person will be a master at content creation and social media. Someone who knows what works and what doesn’t. A cross-functional champion. Someone who is able to craft a vision and strategy for how and where we want to tell our story.
This role entails running all of Niantic Inc.’s social channels, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms. We also want to create more original content - blog posts, videos, documentaries, graphics - showcasing the work of teams across the company. As a member of the global communications team, you’ll work closely with the social media teams for each of our game titles, our community team, the broader marketing team, and also advise our executives.
This position is based in our San Francisco office.
- Devise and implement a strategy for Niantic Inc.’s social channels that boosts awareness of our brand, mission and the things we value.
- Develop an editorial strategy and content pipeline that cuts through the feed and builds on Niantic’s leading role in AR and real-world exploration.
- Manage day-to-day operations for Niantic’s social channels on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and develop new channels as needed.
- Work cross functionally with multiple teams and individuals across the company to support launches, events and content creation, including our games, social impact, engineering, marketing and design teams.
- Build an engaged social community that’s passionate about Niantic and its mission and games.
- Build a plan to showcase Niantic’s engineering and infrastructure teams, including our role in the technology industry and AR community, with the goal of establishing our leadership in AR and attracting new recruits.
- Work with outside agencies on content strategy, creative direction, and measurement.
- Support executives on their use of social media.
- Proven experience in social media, marketing, communications, journalism or an equivalent field.
- Extensive experience building and executing social media campaigns, especially for challenger brands, to build awareness and reach.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and content creation skills.
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- A passion for games, augmented reality, and new computing platforms is a big plus!
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.