In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with the Pokémon GO Product and Marketing teams to help create and manage community-focused content and programming. You'll contribute to the creation of creative, community-first campaigns and engagement plans to support various feature launches and events, and social impact activities. You’ll create sentiment reporting that blends empathy with data to accurately communicate to a cross-functional, data-driven team. You'll also work alongside the Pokémon GO global marketing team to drive player engagement, retention, and online acquisition.
Ideal candidates thrive under high-pressure environments, are able to think quickly on their feet, and always think outside the box to find positive, practical solutions to problems. Candidates with unique backgrounds, particularly those that help cultivate hybrid online and offline passionate communities, are encouraged to apply.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the voice of Pokémon GO players in meetings with cross-functional partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Work on initiatives that drive on-the-ground engagement with the product.
- Generate high-quality blog content by gathering input from a cross-functional group of partners.
- Identify, support, and act as a point of contact for community content creators, fan sites, and organizers to capture feedback.
- Represent the Pokémon GO team at events.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of all aspects of Pokémon GO, its community, as well as popular gaming communities.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in online and in-person community building, forum operations, and social media methodologies.
- Over 3 years’ experience with brand communications, community management, and social media channel management.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and how they can be used to achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions independently under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to work long hours and weekends when needed.
- Able to travel, including internationally.
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines is a plus.
- Experience working on other competitive games is a plus.
- Experience working with Sprinklr is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID