Niantic’s Design Team seeks a System Designer to help craft the gameplay of a brand-new game.
Niantic Design works with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually innovative, ground-breaking mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, encouraging discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Collaborate with our creative team for ideas and feedback in order to strengthen the product design and implement game features and content.
- Identify opportunities for, and ideate on, new game systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Communicate game system concepts, implementation processes, risks, and interactions.
- Create, review, and revise game design documents.
- Test and tune game progression and economy balance throughout the product life-cycle.
- Build, run, and maintain live events.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of games.
- 3+ years designing digital games.
- 1+ years optimizing live games.
- Experience with game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model.
- Knowledge of Unity game development.
- Can clearly communicate thoughts and ideas.
- Familiar with other Niantic products.
- Interest in AR and Geo-location games or features.
- Experience with version control software such as GitLab, Perforce, SourceTree or Fork.
- Shipped a high performing digital free-to-play game.
- Experience with rapid iteration and deployment of game data updates.
- Experience with business intelligence and A/B testing.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.