Are you ready to help create planet-scale real-world games that have a positive impact on the world? Are you an articulate, experienced producer who is motivated to champion and enable successful teams? Can you handle a wide range of team outputs, including R&D, game production and live ops?
Niantic LA Studio is seeking a Producer to translate our bold creative vision into a clear product roadmap that delivers against Niantic's commercial and social objectives. You'll be responsible for execution at every level, from crafting overarching production plans to working closely with the leadership team to analyze player data and implement new features and updates. You will enhance your team's capabilities by refining development processes and philosophies, while ensuring that our people can meet their goals in a stable, positive environment.
This is an excellent role for someone with good production experience in mobile development, experience collaborating with IP partners, and a strong passion for building the future of the world’s leading AR platform!
- Define project plans with studio leadership, balancing studio priorities with team resources; developing and running project budgets; and measuring team progress towards project roadmap.
- Lead development and implementation against product and company goals; understand the user experience of our players, establish AAA-quality benchmarks for the product team and continuously strive for improvement.
- Own and develop working relationships with external parties, including developers, IP holders and strategic partners, from production, through launch, and continued live-operations.
- Collaborate with key teams across the Niantic organization including the Platform team, Product Legal and QA, communicating product status, key issues, and launch plans.
- Build a welcoming, high performance team culture. Take ownership for overcoming blockers and strengthening alignment between teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- BA in applicable degrees, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years proven experience in game production with one or more published titles as Associate Producer or above.
- Experience delivering results-oriented games that make judicious, creative use of emerging technologies
- You have run live services and led metrics-based product optimization.
- You are adept at negotiating trade-offs and building consensus around critical decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have worked extensively on games or gaming platforms.
- Experience in AR or location products.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID