Niantic's AR Operations team spearheads large-scale and experimental data collection projects that power and improve the industry-leading AR technology in our Niantic Lightship platform. This work is foundational to achieving our vision of a real-world metaverse that inspires people to explore the world together. One of the key projects we're working on to deliver that vision is a 3D map of the world that will enable developers to create magical AR experiences accurately tethered to physical locations.
Field Operations Specialists will help to build this map. You will do so by training and coordinating large teams of field agents, called surveyors, to map high-priority zones in the cities you look after. You'll take pride in building a well-oiled machine and supporting surveyors to consistently deliver work that meets our quality bar.
- Track and forecast your team's capacity, and work with our vendor to ensure the right levels of resourcing are in place with adequate lead times.
- Help to select, onboard and train surveyors to build a team that can reliably deliver your cities' contributions to regional goals.
- Create detailed week-by-week task allocation plans, including choosing appropriate areas to map, and allocate these tasks to surveyors.
- Help to set up and manage devices.
- With our vendor, supervise day-to-day surveyor work, promptly addressing any in-the-field issues that come up to unblock your team.
- Regularly assess the quality and efficiency of surveyors, providing timely and constructive feedback to help them meet targets. Take ownership for the overall standard of work.
- Report progress and areas for improvement to your regional lead, and collaborate with them to make changes across people, tools or processes to optimise operations at pace.
- Previous project and team management experience on a large-scale, ideally real-world, operation with an outsourced workforce.
- Exceptional air traffic control skills. You make light work of turning high volumes of frequently changing inputs into watertight allocation and resourcing plans.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. With you as their leader, people are always crystal clear on what they need to do and why.
- Natural teaching ability. You enable others to deliver work to specifications without needing to make corrections yourself by providing effective training and precise, practical feedback.
- An unfailingly consistent ownership mentality. As a tenacious problem-solver, your colleagues can rely on you completely to get the job done, no matter how complex it is.
- A high-energy approach to work. You move at pace and are never a blocker.
- Previous experience of visual data collection operations and/or field operations.
- Previous experience working on a mapping product.
- Previous experience collaborating with highly technical partners.
- Device management experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.