Niantic LA is seeking an Executive Producer to lead product development of multiple games in our LA studio. In this role you will work to lead multiple teams of engineers, artists & designers to deliver planet-scale AR experiences across Niantic and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
You will use your expertise to translate our bold creative vision into a clear product roadmap that delivers against Niantic's commercial and social objectives. You'll be responsible for prioritization, planning, and delivery of multiple titles, while ensuring that our people can meet their goals in a stable, positive environment. As a hardworking, inspiring and inclusive leader, you will help to grow the Niantic LA Games Studio as a home for world-class mobile AR game experiences.
You will handle execution at every level, from crafting overarching production plans, to acting as a point person within the organization for the products you shepherd. You'll work with the leadership team to analyze player data and guide our products through development and live services. You will strengthen your team's capabilities by introducing development processes and philosophies.
This is a great role for someone who has deep production experience in mobile development and a strong passion for crafting the future of the world’s leading AR platform.
- Define project plans, own budgets and lead the development and implementation against product and company goals.
- Work closely with senior management, marketing, legal, PR and others to deliver P&L’s that meet or exceed the company’s targets on predictable well managed timelines.
- Understand the user experience of our players and help establish AAA quality benchmarks for each of your product teams.
- Pay attention to the accessibility of our products, ensuring we're crafting inclusive experiences for our audience.
- Collaborate with numerous external partners, including IP holders and strategic partners from product pitch through launch and continued live-operations.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including engineering, research, marketing, operations and the executive leadership team.
- BS or BA in applicable majors, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of product management or production experience leading large teams and AAA quality products, with one or more published titles as Senior Producer or above.
- Passion for management in emerging technology, especially in AR, mobile games, and location-related technologies.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven analytical skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You are adept at negotiating trade-offs and building consensus around critical decisions.
- You have experience in running live services and leading metrics based product tuning.
- You have games publishing experience, able to make strategic contribution through P&L development, revenue modeling and monetization strategy.
- You have experience working on augmented reality or location-based products.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.