Niantic supports one of the most diverse user bases in the world, and we’re seeking an experienced and talented colleague to lead our D&I programs. The Director of Global D&I will lead all of our company programs, events and initiatives designed to increase diversity and inclusion at every level of the company and further our deep cultural commitment to inclusivity and belonging. As a direct report into our Chief People Officer, you’ll be an important voice and advocate both internally and externally to ensure we best represent the communities we live in and serve.
- Strategically design and lead global D&I and implement long term vision
- Cultivate trusting relationships and work closely with employees, ERG leads, the D&I Council, the people team, managers, and leaders to enable the successful delivery of D&I initiatives
- Develop and report on metrics for measuring the effectiveness of our D&I initiatives
- Coach all employees through inclusion situations as they come up, ultimately helping them become more effective allies
- Develop and nurture a network of diversity and culture ambassadors that help Niantic with our products, our community, and our culture
- Oversee, lead, and advocate for Niantic’s employee resource groups to ensure their perspectives are represented.
- Work closely with the Recruiting team (and our D&I / University Recruiter) to ensure diversity strategies are fully embedded in all recruiting processes, and that we have robust pipelines of candidates from all backgrounds, at all stages of the interview process
- Implement critical retention strategies and training initiatives for diverse talent
- Develop programs, policies, trainings, and other resources to increase knowledge and awareness that supports inclusive behaviors in the workplace
- Create and manage partnerships with external organizations to increase community engagement through event programming
- Represent Niantic at local and national events as a company that fully appreciates and values diversity and inclusion
- 10+ years of experience leading and working on D&I programs and initiatives with demonstrated success at driving positive change
- Advanced knowledge of program development in the areas of D&I, organizational development and change management
- Proven experience in utilizing metrics and analytics - you credibly build a case for change (and conveying progress in D&I efforts) through savvy visualization of data
- Experience coaching and influencing leaders with ability to vary style based on the leader
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- A deep sense of empathy and can connect well with employees of all levels
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! #LI-HYBRID