Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Developer Support Engineer to provide support to developers in creating best in class AR and other immersive experiences using our platform. We’re looking for a capable, motivated, and flexible individual who is highly collaborative.
- Solve complex support issues which may involve reviewing source code, debugging live services, and troubleshooting cloud deployments.
- Effectively communicate technical information to developers as well as engineering teams at Niantic.
- Work proactively with developers on essential activities such as communicating and coordinating updates.
- Help scale developer support as well as manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest-level of developer satisfaction.
- Identify bugs and improvements on our platform
- General understanding of mobile app development, including Unity.
- Prior experience providing technical support.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, including kubernetes.
- Enthusiasm for working directly with developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience developing for mobile using Unity.
- Experience developing in Java.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.