Niantic seeks a Design Program Manager who will work directly with design and cross-functional teams to create experiences and processes that allow the team to do their best work. Niantic is a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in the USA, Europe, and Asia. The ideal candidate will be a strong partner for the design team and a creative problem solver. You will be responsible for helping to shape the central operating system for the team.
- Establish repeatable processes that allow the team to stay on track with their objectives.
- Understand the goals and scope of Niantic’s platform initiatives and lead the discussions of process and resourcing proactively.
- Create a clear communication structure across the design team. This includes creating best practices for meeting facilitation, and connecting with cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate project kickoffs, scoping and alignment, streamlining conversation and establishing action items and owners - ensuring that we follow through to maintain momentum / progress.
- Proactively raise issues before they are a problem for the design team. When problems do arise, communicate the issue and propose solutions.
- Lead team resourcing and talent planning with team leadership.
- Ensure the team has the information and connections they need to succeed.
- Be a proactive partner to various design stakeholders and cross-functional leads such as TPMs to understand their needs and help problem solve, gather project status and information, and distribute it across the team.
- 5+ years of experience working in a program manager-type role.
- Experience working with design as well as cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in developing repeatable processes and standardizing workflows.
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with excellent time management and task prioritization.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience working independently to resolve issues, and to deliver results in a highly organized manner.
- Astute attention to detail.
- People management experience and skills.
- Experience with any of the following: headcount planning, team budgeting, vendor management, legal partnership.
- Passion for emerging technology, design and creative innovation.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.