Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Web Front-End Engineer to build intuitive, scalable, and easy-to-use web applications to support the Niantic Real World Platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
- Build well-designed, reusable systems that can be shared across Niantic’s web applications.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, operations, marketing, and other departments to ensure code and technology meet internal standards.
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with server-side technologies, such as Java.
- Experience visualising 3D scenes, cameras, lighting and materials in web frameworks.
- You have built web applications involving manipulation of geospatial, customer management, or analytics data.
- You have worked on websites that are cross-device and browser compatible.
- You thrive in a rigorous engineering environment, and you have an eye for detail.
- You’re eager to work in a fast-growth environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.