Do you want to help connect people all over the world, and work on a team building the next generation of planet scale AR games? We’re looking for hardworking people to help our company become more data focused. This person needs to have a “product first” mindset that aligns with our mission, values, and strategy. This person also needs to be dedicated, thorough, and independent while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Embedded within a product - you are the data guru responsible for setting and monitoring targets, diagnosing problems, quantifying impact, and coming up with solutions.
- Translate quantitative findings in concise and clear messages to leadership and external partners.
- Drive consensus; independently deliver data insights that drive cross-functional decisions across multiple teams.
- Be a hands-on self-starter and stay on top of data science methodologies.
- Closely monitor market and competitors’ data to provide business intelligence.
- 2-3 years work experience with at least 2+ years in a data science or analytics role.
- Extensive experience with SQL; deep knowledge using Python or R.
- Deep understanding of statistics, live product analytics, and modeling techniques; with ability to apply various methodologies to decipher information such as mobile product user behaviour, conversion rates, product operations and business metrics, marketing efficacy, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with A/B testing or randomized control trials.
- BA/BS in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning, economics or a related field.
- Graduate degree in relevant fields preferred but not required.
- Proficient in English.
- Strong understanding of mobile/pc game player behavior in the APAC region and how it differs from other regions globally.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Growth and Marketing teams to determine trends in player behavior.
- Proficiency in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean languages with flexibility to travel and spend extended periods of time within the East Asian region.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that encouraging a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to crafting phenomenal products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most meaningful values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.