Niantic's Data and Analytics Engineering Team is seeking a Data Engineer to build and create data analytics warehouses and infrastructure that is part of our planet-scale real world platform, the Niantic Lightship Platform. This is the platform underpinning the games that Niantic publishes that includes Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Pikmin Bloom. Join us in building and contributing to the next-generation data and analytics platform that would help Niantic build better games using data.
- Design, develop infrastructure, and maintain data warehouses to collect and deliver reliable performance reporting.
- Build sophisticated ETL pipelines to ingest, move, transform, and validate petabytes of structure data from diverse sources.
- Assist in owning existing processes running in production, optimizing complex code.
- Apply your expertise to design data models for optimal storage and retrieval and optimize existing pipelines
- Collaborate cross functionally with finance, data science, and other engineering teams to understand needs and deliver valuable insights.
- 2+ years of commercial experience crafting production quality products in Python or Java in a professional team setting.
- A proven track record of being comfortable with large volumes, think Petabytes, of complex data.
- Previous experience with building ETL pipelines or you have previous experience crafting data-related ingestion APIs.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL / query logic.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Experience working with large scale data processing engines, e.g. Apache Spark, GCP Cloud Dataflow.
- Knowledge on financial analysis and/or accounting systems.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID