Niantic’s People Team seeks a Compensation Manager to build the next phase of our compensation strategy. The People Team is trusted to attract, retain, and empower diverse, outstanding talent in the gaming and augmented reality industries. We help ensure that our People practices support our values and our ambitious mission.
This newly-created role reports to the Director of Total Rewards. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead our global compensation programs including policies, processes, and communications. Ensure our programs are aligned with Niantic's values and strategy while informed by the market.
- Evaluate existing pay practices while providing recommendations and executing plans for changes.
- Review and select benchmark surveys, analyze and interpret relevant market data, and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets as appropriate; propose salary increase budgets on a global basis.
- Design and deliver compensation programs that are well understood and valued by managers and employees; develop comprehensive communications and training materials.
- You have 6+ years' relevant compensation experience, including a strong emphasis on global compensation administration across fixed and variable cash and equity compensation.
- You demonstrate a bias towards action in driving continuous improvement through project/program management.
- You demonstrate strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills including statistical analysis and modeling along with experience evaluating and managing online salary management tools.
- You understand the legal environment and help guarantee adherence with all applicable employment laws.
- You are a persuasive and clear communicator, leading change through strong interpersonal skills across all levels and functions of colleagues.
- You have demonstrable experience in navigating diverse priorities in a fast-paced, vibrant environment.
- You are flexible and creative, comfortable with ambiguity, organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in a related field (HR, Finance, Business), a CCP, and/or GRP designation.
- You have compensation experience with gaming and technology companies, pre-IPO equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), sales rewarding, and/or executive compensation.
- You have led compensation through global HCM platforms (strong plus for UltiPro/UKG).
- You have experience and/or interest in benefits administration.
- You have late-phase startup experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.