Niantic’s People Team is seeking a Compensation Analyst to help build the next phase of our compensation strategy.
Our Total Rewards Team is focused on building the programs, processes, infrastructure, and analytics to ensure global rewards and recognition at Niantic are positioned competitively and aligned with our internal values. You will work closely with the Talent Acquisition, People Partner, and HR Ops teams to support our comp programs, and to ensure our compensation practices are attracting and retaining top talent at Niantic.
This newly-created position reports to the Senior Compensation Manager.
- Partner with members of the Total Rewards Team on the management and delivery of Niantic’s compensation practices and programs.
- Ensure our programs are aligned with Niantic's values and strategy while informed by the market.
- Participate in salary surveys and analyze results to evaluate existing pay practices and provide recommendations for potential adjustments to programs for global locations.
- Benchmark new positions based on market data.
- Create modeling to prepare a recommendation for salary increase budgets on a global basis.
- Prepare dashboards to review recommendations submitted during compensation planning for reviews of salary, bonus, and equity.
- Contribute to developing comprehensive communications and training materials to ensure our compensation programs are well understood and valued by managers and employees.
- Partner with the HR Operations team to maintain job architecture in current system.
- Build tools to help streamline processes & increase efficiencies.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team on external and internal offers.
- Work with HR Business Partners team on compensation-related topics.
- 3+ years in a compensation or analytics role.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills including statistical analysis and modeling.
- Experience in benchmarking positions and participating in compensation surveys.
- Ability to build strong partnerships, and communicate complex work in a clear and concise manner across a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Enjoy working with data and driving continuous improvement through building tools to increase efficiency.
- Persuasive and clear communicator.
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Expert Excel and/or Google Sheets skills.
- Bonus points for experience with Workday, Radford, or Croner.
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in a related field (HR, Finance, Business), a CCP, and/or GRP designation.
- You have compensation experience with gaming and technology companies.
- You have experience working on configurations of compensation modules for global HCM platforms (strong plus for UltiPro/UKG or Workday).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.