At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that inspire players to go on adventures with others. Do you share this passion and want to help encourage others to step outside and go on an adventure? If so, our APAC Marketing team is seeking a Community Manager, Pokémon GO focused on Japan and South Korea to serve as a player advocate capable of building quality community marketing and engagement programs. We’re looking for someone who is hardworking with proven communication and written skills and experience growing a brand’s presence online. If you're knowledgeable about community building, are an effective communicator, and are interested in championing community feedback, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with the Global Community and APAC Marketing teams to surface feedback and develop strategies for market penetration. You'll also contribute to the creation of creative, community-first campaigns and engagement plans to support various feature launches, events, and social channels activities together to drive player engagement, retention, and online acquisition with cross-functional teams.
- Build and foster a community of players on our forums and social media channels through direct interaction and by engagement focused campaigns.
- Interact and engage with large groups of players online and at event.
- Act as the point of contact for player sentiment in the APAC region, particularly focusing on Japan and South Korea.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the voice of the community in meetings with cross-functional partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Act as subject matter expert in core features, mechanics, metagame, in-game promotions, and community sentiment.
- Execute cross channel community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events, and report on their performance.
- Identify, amplify, and engage with high-quality user generated content.
- Help manage build and manage influencer relationships in the APAC region to create long-lasting and positive relationships.
- Generate high-quality blog and social content.
- Identify, support, and act as a point of contact for community content creators, fan sites, and organizers to capture feedback.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in both online and offline community building and social media management.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with brand communications, community management, and social media.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of community forums, social media platforms in these regions and including Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and local forum/social platforms In JP & KR. and how they can help achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to occasionally work atypical hours to support launches and events.
- Able to travel (including international) once in-person events are possible.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming communities.
- Japanese and English fluency.
- South Korean fluency is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Demonstrative experience in front of a camera and live streaming.
- Experience writing creative briefs and working with agencies and external partners.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and live streaming software.
- Experience working with licensors on high-profile IP.
- Experience on planning influencer marketing campaigns.
- A big fan of our game Pokémon GO.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID