Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. We’re seeking a communications manager who is passionate about our mission and wants to build the next computing platform to deliver Augmented Reality experiences to millions of people. In this position, you’ll lead and support our communications efforts for our AR games, apps, and platform technology. You will also play an important role in communicating our mission, values, and products to employees at Niantic.
We are looking for someone with outstanding writing skills, flexibility, a global approach, an interest in location-based AR games, and the ability to work cross functionally with our most senior leaders. As a member of the Global Communications team, you’ll be proactive in reaching our audiences in creative and non-traditional ways, both externally and internally. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead and support game and other product launches for Niantic, coordinating effectively across internal teams and devising creative ways to communicate our message.
- Pitch stories and article ideas to press, bloggers and other writers, and tell our story directly through our own channels (Niantic blog, social media, etc.)
- Create high quality written materials and messaging for product announcements and reactive responses, including blog posts, statements and press releases, as well as internal communications and presentations.
- Lead and support the development of internal communications materials and events, including all hands, Q&As, and other internal announcements.
- Counsel and coach spokespeople on internal and external communications, including blog posts, speeches, and press interviews.
- Gather input from multiple perspectives and build strong internal relationships across the company to make decisions and move our strategy forward.
- 4-8 years of experience in communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- An excellent writer who is able to distill complex topics into simple and interesting prose.
- You have experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, which recently celebrated its second anniversary.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.