Niantic is looking for a generalist to help scale our growing Business Operations team. This is a cross-functional, multidisciplinary role that will focus on high priority initiatives across the company, driving and delivering insights that are relevant to the needs of the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, leading, and executing strategic projects and processes, partnering with leadership and cross-functional team members in areas ranging from new market development to capacity and resource planning. We need a flexible self-starter, who is excited to jump in and tackle ambiguous and complex problems while aligning across diverse collaborators and teams. You should be both deeply analytical and possess superior communication skills, using data to drive decision making and translate business insights into actionable proposals.
This role is primarily project based, and the day to day responsibilities will vary depending on need and capacity. As a result, you can expect to:
- Partner with executives and multi-functional teams on ad hoc projects.
- Craft analyses that help surface and resolve core business issues.
- Evaluate and scope new opportunities that grow Niantic's business.
- Launch and scale new initiatives across our products and games.
- Identify system improvements to streamline our internal operational processes, including initiatives like annual planning.
- Design new key performance indicators and metrics to assess and quantify project success, and develop regular reporting that tracks overall business health and performance.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years meaningful work experience in a highly strategic, analytical, and operational role in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Proven record of going above and beyond to execute on complex projects.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills with experience distilling and translating business terms into accessible language.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to navigate relationships and build consensus in a cross-functional environment.
- Familiarity BI/analytics dashboard tools (Periscope preferred), and knowledge or interest in learning SQL.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID