Niantic’s Engineering Team seeks a Build Engineer to support our development, test and production teams through the managing and building of Niantic’s infrastructure, systems and services. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of Augmented Reality and other immersive technologies while building engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Build infrastructure to compile, package, and release heterogeneous applications across the entire Niantic stack. This includes supporting Unity mobile platform builds as well as cloud deployments, internal tooling and more.
- Take on the daily management of build and release services such as TestFlight, App Center, GitLab as well as publishing platforms like Google's Play Store to support multiple teams.
- Collaborate with other specialists to ensure that new and upgraded deployed systems meet internal standards for reliability, availability, latency and cost.
- Identify, architect, and execute solutions to address technical and non-technical pain points in the build and release process.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Architected a build process across the full stack from the ground up.
- Experience monitoring or engineering a multi-server service with significant traffic.
- Working knowledge of enterprise container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with deployment on hosting providers, especially with Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of deploying infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- You have experience with compiled languages, such as Java, C#, C++, or Unity as well as their build systems.
- You are familiar with GitLab and its CI system.
- You have Linux experience, with a focus on either Ubuntu or Debian.
- You are familiar with scripting languages, such as Bash.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.