Niantic is a leading Augmented Reality company that inspires people to explore the world together - and we are seeking a Brand Partnerships Lead to drive the expansion of our U.S. advertising and enterprise businesses. This role is part of an international team, and will lead our EMEA market in focusing on the activation of new brand partners across our growing portfolio of games and AR experiences. You will work with the world’s top brands to develop strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect these brands to their audiences - on or off our platform. This role is based out of Niantic’s London office.
Candidates will demonstrate revenue and demand generation abilities, strategic partnership approaches, deep relationship building capabilities, excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate should also possess strong critical thinking and influencing skills to impact both internal and external counterparts.
- Help define the go-to-market strategy for brand partnerships across Niantic’s games and web-based AR commercial and enterprise experiences.
- Lead a dedicated book of qualified brand business across our key verticals, defining partnership structures across multiple lines of business.
- Penetrate, influence, and persuade key account decision makers across brand and agency organizations in a variety of roles, including digital media, strategy, mobile, gaming, search, AR, and content marketing.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Legal, & Marketing teams to ensure the partnership meets with internal capabilities and resources.
- Identify scalable processes that help to drive efficiency across our entire Global team.
- Periodic travel for networking and face-to-face customer meetings (< 25% of time).
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 6+ years of sales experience in digital media, mobile, AR, or gaming industries, working directly with Fortune 500 companies and top advertising holding companies/agencies.
- Leadership experience in the region, building and growing teams.
- A strategic leader, with a track record of penetrating markets and driving new business.
- Strong negotiator with a partnership approach; ability to represent Niantic in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve strong ongoing partner alignment.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management; ability to serve as an advocate for your accounts internally, and work collaboratively to find opportunities or resolve issues.
- Expertise in key industry verticals, including Tech, CPG, Restaurants & QSR, Retail, Automotive, and Travel & Tourism.
- A capacity to initiate and interpret legal documents, minding local context while working with attorneys on specific contract language.
- Excellent storytelling, communication, and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong proficiencies in G-Suite.
- A passion for Niantic’s mission, vision, and values, and a strong understanding of our products and services.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Written and spoken fluency in an in-region foreign language is highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID