Niantic is a leading Augmented Reality company that inspires people to explore the world together - and we are seeking a Brand Partnerships Lead to drive the expansion of our U.S. advertising business! This role is part of an international team, and will focus on the activation of new brand partners across our growing portfolio of AR games and experiences. You will work with the world’s top advertisers to develop strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect these brands to the audiences on our platform. This role is based out of our New York, San Francisco, or Los Angeles markets.
Candidates will demonstrate revenue and demand generation abilities, strategic partnership approaches, deep relationship building capabilities, excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate should also possess strong critical thinking and influencing skills to impact both internal and external counterparts.
- Help define the go-to-market strategy for brand sponsorships across Niantic’s games and experiences.
- Lead a dedicated book of qualified brand business across our key verticals, defining partnership structures.
- Penetrate, influence, and persuade key account decision makers across brand and agency organizations in a variety of roles, including digital media, strategy, mobile, gaming, search, AR, and content marketing.
- Collaborate closely with a Partner Manager to ensure well-executed handoffs, and to develop, maintain and grow partner relationships.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Legal, & Marketing teams to ensure the partnership meets with internal capabilities and resources.
- Identify scalable processes that help to drive efficiency across our Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
- 7+ years of sales experience in digital media, mobile, gaming, or AR industries, working directly with Fortune 500 companies and top advertising holding companies/agencies.
- A strategic leader, with a track record of penetrating markets and driving new business.
- Strong negotiator with a partnership approach; ability to represent Niantic in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve strong ongoing partner alignment.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management; ability to serve as an advocate for your accounts internally, and work collaboratively to find opportunities or resolve issues.
- A capacity to initiate and interpret legal documents, minding local context while working with attorneys on specific contract language.
- Excellent storytelling, communication, and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong proficiencies in G-Suite.
- A passion for Niantic’s mission, vision, and values, and a strong understanding of our products and services.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.