Niantic Legal partners with teams across the company to develop solutions for the legal, compliance and public policy challenges (and opportunities) the company encounters as it continues to develop innovative augmented reality experiences. We are looking for an Associate Product Counsel who will help advise our teams as they develop and launch ground breaking AR technology and location-based mobile games that connect players with their local communities and each other. Based out of our San Francisco headquarters, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across our international offices to develop creative solutions in product compliance and privacy. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Partner with our product management and engineering teams during all stages of product development to identify and handle a wide range of legal issues and risks. Support global product development, launch and operations.
- Think creatively about novel legal and policy considerations arising from location-based games and augmented reality products.
- Educate teams about regulatory issues, with a particular focus on location services, mapping and privacy compliance.
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in an innovative legal environment, ideally a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- You have a product counseling background and / or experience with issue spotting and advising on a broad range of technology compliance topics.
- You have privacy counseling experience, including familiarity with CCPA and GDPR. Experience with online consumer protection, trust & safety, privacy, location-based services, and/or copyright is a plus.
- You are a member in good standing of the California Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel. You hold a JD with strong academic credentials.
Experience with international product development and launch issues, family/child consumer tech, and mobile apps, as well as experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams are all a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.