Niantic is seeking an Associate Producer to help drive product development on Ingress, Niantic's first real world game. Our Ingress team uses a hybrid work plan out of our offices in Culver City, CA.
You will work with our team to deliver planet-scale AR experiences and encourage players to exercise and explore the real world with friends. This is an excellent role for someone with mobile game production experience who wants to build the future of real world games.
Our ideal candidate is a gamer who loves working with developers and artists, and engaging with our Ingress player community. Our team embraces rapid prototyping and experimenting on the Niantic Lightship platform.
- Always be thinking about our Ingress players and how to make their lives more playful and fun.
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across a multi-discipline team.
- Own the production schedule, identify bottlenecks and risks, and troubleshoot communication and schedule dependency issues.
- Make informed decisions in conjunction with Ingress Leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people.
- Communicate frequently with team leadership regarding project status, key issues, risks, opportunities, and team health.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between all teams to ensure they can work efficiently.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Two years of games industry experience in a game production or project management role.
- Familiarity with project management in Jira.
- Experience supervising complex projects and providing support to clear blocking issues.
- Ability to stay calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You're an active Ingress Agent.
- You have experience working on LiveOps.
- You love games, AR, and exploring new technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID