Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. We build Augmented Reality (AR) products that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission!
This role will be responsible for improving the employee experience by helping local managers grow diverse, impactful teams aligned with our Niantic values, while also providing a wide variety of tactical support to all Niantics. Acting as a cultural ambassador between our People Operations, People Partners, and our teams on the ground, you will happily wear many hats and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a first-rate employee experience. You’ll also help the rest of the People function by making our processes better!
- Solve issues through a people lens. Assertively dive into sticky situations, and develop short and long-term solutions that address the root causes of challenges to ensure teams are set up to meet their goals.
- Be a confidant and coach to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high-functioning teams.
- Consistently find the right balance between what's right for the employee and Niantic. Operate with empathy and an analytical approach at all times.
- Own certain operational HR tasks alongside colleagues in People Operations and Legal. This may include tasks like candidate interviewing, processing job changes, compliance work and supporting our onboarding experience.
- Partner with our Games Studio teams to provide the People support and insight needed to deliver against our broader strategic goals for the company.
- Help our Recruiting team deliver an outstanding candidate experience by participating in interview panels and ensuring quick turnaround on questions and requests.
- Assist with data entry in HR tracking sheets, shared drives and systems.
- Be a cross-cultural leader and help us build a forever company!
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred; additional education in Human Resource Management a plus.
- 2+ years of proven professional experience in an HR Generalist or broad practitioner role and have successfully delivered work in a range of HR areas including; performance management, diversity and inclusion, recruiting and employee relations.
- Solid understanding of Californian and LA employment law such that you can effectively partner with our Legal team on employee relations and compliance matters.
- You’re self-motivated, curious, highly collaborative, cool under pressure, and can add levity to decompress tense situations. You are persistent in getting to the root of problems (and executing on solutions), and use excellent judgment – even in complex situations.
- You’re a fast learner, able to partner effectively with highly technical teams with varied specialisms.
- You’ve previously worked in startup and scaleup environments and enjoy the inventive, tenacious approach they require.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID