Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. We build mobile games and Augmented Reality (AR) products that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission!
This role will be responsible for helping the games teams grow diverse, impactful teams aligned with our Niantic values, while also providing a wide variety of tactical support to all Niantics. You will happily wear many hats and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a first-rate employee experience. You’ll also help the rest of the People function by helping us continue to evolve and scale our processes.
- Solve issues through a people lens. Assertively dive into sticky situations, and develop short and long-term solutions that address the root causes of challenges to ensure teams are set up to meet their goals.
- Be a confidant and coach to individual contributors and frontline managers to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high-functioning teams.
- Consistently find the right balance between what's right for the employee and Niantic.
- Operate with empathy and an analytical approach at all times.
- Partner with the games business to provide the people support and insight needed to deliver against our broader strategic goals for the company.
- Own certain operational HR tasks alongside colleagues in People Operations and Legal. This may include tasks like candidate interviewing, exit interviews, processing job changes, compliance work and supporting our onboarding experience.
- Help our Recruiting team deliver an outstanding candidate experience by participating in interview panels and ensuring quick turnaround on questions and requests.
- Support our cyclical People processes such as performance management, calibration, and engagement survey action planning.
- Assist with data entry in HR tracking sheets, shared drives and systems.
- Respond to manager inquiries on People policies and employee relations.
- Be a cross-cultural leader and help us build a forever company!
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred; additional education in Human Resource Management a plus.
- 2+ years of proven professional experience in an HR Generalist or broad practitioner role and have successfully delivered work in a range of HR areas including; performance management, diversity and inclusion, recruiting and employee relations.
- Solid understanding of employment law such that you can effectively partner with our Legal team on employee relations and compliance matters.
- You’re self-motivated, curious, highly collaborative, cool under pressure, and can add levity to decompress tense situations.
- You’re a fast learner and able to partner effectively with highly technical and creative teams with varied specialisms.
- You’ve previously worked in startup and scaleup environments and enjoy the inventive, tenacious approach they require
Join the Niantic Team!
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID