Niantic’s Design Team seeks an Associate Gameplay Designer to help craft the gameplay of a brand-new game.
Niantic Design works with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually innovative, bleeding-edge mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, encouraging discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Collaborate with our creative team for ideas and feedback in order to strengthen the product design.
- Work cross functionally to understand and navigate constraints and goals.
- Implementation of game assets created from Art, Animation, VFX, Engineering and Design teams.
- Document and track progress of work needing to be done and completed.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of games.
- 1-2 years of experience designing games; either professionally or through school or personal projects.
- Knowledge of Unity game development.
- Can clearly communicate thoughts and ideas.
- Has an excellent sense for timing and feel of character actions.
- Familiar with other Niantic products.
- Interest in AR and Geo-location games or features.
- Experience with version control software such as GitLab, Perforce, SourceTree or Fork.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or G Suite software.
- Experience with combat systems and balancing.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.