Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced Art Manager to manage our visual design team and the creative process from concept design to final deliverables. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in San Francisco, Seattle and Tokyo. You will provide leadership for a team of 3D artists and animators that design a wide array of assets for use in Pokémon GO, helping merge the virtual with the real world and inspiring people to explore the world, together.
- Partner with the Art Director and collaborate with other Art and Design leadership as well as build consensus with cross-functional leaders across Product and Engineering.
- Provide leadership and be the strongest advocate for the visual design team.
- Mentor, develop and support team members, in terms of their work and career progression.
- Set strategy, priorities and resource allocation decisions that help achieve product goals while maintaining design aesthetics, standards and brand integrity.
- Create and manage team schedules and insure proper workflow throughout the art department.
- Anticipate and recognize potential production issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Foster Niantic’s culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience managing or leading art teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor a large team of artists in a dynamically changing production environment.
- Project management experience in PC, console or mobile game development. Could also be other industries such as CG production or animation.
- Experience working on feature development from end to end.
- Familiarity with all types of game art: 2D, 3D, UI, animation and visual effects.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Expertise with project tracking software.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated success in creating a collaborative culture of Design, Product and Engineering
- Background in art, animation or content creation experience.
- Passion for games, AR and location based experiences.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.