Niantic's AR Operations team spearheads large-scale and experimental data collection projects that power and improve the industry-leading AR technology in our Niantic Lightship platform. This work is foundational to achieving our vision of a real-world metaverse that inspires people to explore the world together.
This AR Operations Manager position is an all-rounder role that will give you broad exposure to the different elements of AR Operations. Much of your work will contribute to building Niantic's 3D map of the world, from running auditing processes that help us improve the quality of our mapping data to running our support infrastructure for surveyors. You'll own the execution and optimization of certain workstreams at the same time as regularly jumping in to help peers achieve business-critical AR Ops goals. This is an ideal opportunity for an Operations Coordinator or Manager to move into the field of augmented reality and mapping, or for someone already in the field to experience a wider range of responsibilities.
- Own all auditing workstreams within AR Operations.
- Manage our ticketing system for AR Mapping support.
- Help organize field operations in cases of short-term spikes in demand.
- Work with vendors to coordinate the management and distribution of physical inventory required for data collection operations.
- Ensure team documentation is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Run ad-hoc data labeling projects.
- Lead ad-hoc process improvement projects.
- An unfailingly consistent ownership mentality. Colleagues can rely on you completely to get the job done, no matter how complex it is.
- Adaptable and a fast learner. You enjoy wearing many hats and are comfortable changing plans to deliver against business priorities.
- Excellent translator. You can quickly pick up and speak the languages of different teams to make sure requirements aren't lost in translation.
- Clear written and verbal communicator. You always provide the right level of detail.
- Diligent and determined. If a requirement is unclear or untested, you have a natural bias towards ensuring there's a conclusive answer.
- Strong budgeting, project planning and management abilities. You naturally think several steps ahead to identify and mitigate risks.
- Motivated by enabling your team to succeed. You measure your achievements by how you've helped a group to reach its goals.
- A high-energy approach to work. You move at pace and are never a blocker.
- Previous experience of data labeling or collection operations.
- Previous experience running customer support systems, including using Zendesk.
- Previous experience collaborating with highly technical partners.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID