Niantic’s Art department is seeking a hardworking 3D animator to create a broad range of compelling performances for a variety of characters. The animator will work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to craft character animations that help define the future of AR and VR platforms.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually creative, bleeding-edge mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, encouraging discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Collaborate with the Art, Engineering, and Design teams to define the animation style for the project.
- Craft compelling character performances, utilizing both key-framed and motion capture techniques.
- Work with the Art Director and Animation team to establish methods to improve the production pipeline, tools, and systems that will improve the quality of the animation for the studio.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to the production team in a timely manner.
- You have a BA in Fine Arts or equivalent skillset.
- You are proficient with Maya.
- You have 3-5+ years industry or related experience.
- You have a demo reel that exhibits a broad range of compelling character animations and an expert knowledge of classical animation principles.
- You have experience having published 2 or more games.
- You have experience on AAA console games or high profile mobile titles.
- You have experience using the Unity game engine.
- You have experience with producing animations for combat and melee style sequences.
- You have expertise in working with motion capture data, including proficiency with Motion Builder, and motion capture editing.
- You have knowledge of scripting in Maya and Python.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.