Niantic’s Finance Department seeks an Accounting Manager to lead our growing general ledger and accounting operations function. Niantic’s Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running smoothly.
- Manage and mentor the general ledger team through daily activities to ensure reliable application of accounting policies under US GAAP, including refinement of policies and procedures as needed.
- Retain primary ownership over monthly accounting close driving timely and accurate reporting within a public-ready timeframe.
- Identify areas for automations, system implementations, and process improvements and drive projects necessary to implement such enhancements.
- Maintain audit ready records and ensure appropriate management review procedures.
- Foster the evolution of a maturing internal control environment across general ledger accounting workflows.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into details to keep pace with a dynamically changing business.
- CPA license with 6+ years of experience.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and accounting operations.
- Great communicator and team mentor.
- Results driven, professionally curious, and flexible.
- Familiar with accounting systems (e.g. Netsuite).
- Experience in public accounting or at a public company.
- Demonstrated comfort in high growth startup environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.